Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"It will not be late by a single day."

Well, we didn't pass. Not totally unexpected, but still, we were hopeful. It is rare to pass through on the first time, but I think everyone probably hopes and prays that "we will be the one; for us it will happen." And it COULD; I mean, with God, all things are possible.

So we will try again. Our approximate next court date is May 10, and this one sounds really hopeful. The judge just needed one document which the orphanage director will get for us.

Her name is Tegist, and she is really amazing.

I met her and her husband last fall when they came here to visit. You can tell they really, really love those children. It is such a good feeling to know that my little girl is being taken care of and truly loved. This is her home right now. Not her forever home or her forever family; that is us, God willing, but still a vital part of her life and who she is and who she will be. So although we still wait, and hard as that is, I am comforted. She has been at this home since she was a month old. This is all she knows, and and she knows love.


I was encouraged today by a message my friend, Cyndi, sent me. She is also an adoptive mother and she is amazing:

"I love the Steven Curtis Chapman song, "When Love Takes You In." My favorite part is this:
'And somewhere while you’re sleeping
Someone else is dreaming too
Counting down the days until
They hold you close and say I love you
And like the rain that falls into the sea
In a moment what has been is lost in what will be'

"I have LIVED the moment when the "has been" became lost in the "will be." It WILL come for you!! All this time passing now WILL get lost in "what will be" when you are united with your precious little one... and all of this will be a drop in the bucket... like "rain that falls into the sea." It's so hard to believe on this side of it, but it is true.
One of my favorite scriptures during this phase of our adoption was this one:
Habukkuk 2:3 "But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day."

Thank you, Cyndi, for such and encoraging message, and to all my other friends and family who have been SUCH a blessing in your words of encouragment and prayers. A sweet family member of mine even fasted for us!! Wow. I am blessed to be so surrounded by family and friends who support us and love us.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that. But May 10th will be here soon! I love that verse. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, so sorry for this delay. You have the right mind-set! Will keep praying for the new date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Habukkuk verse is amazing. One of my Korea adoption friends recently shared that with me. Oh-I am clinging to that verse along with you.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete